Yields 10-12 large cookies
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 large eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 granulated sugar
2 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon corn starch
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, optional
Semi-sweet chocolate bar, chopped, optional
- To a large bowl, add the olive oil, eggs, vanilla, and sugars, and mix until well incorporated. Then add the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt, and gently mix until almost combined. Add the chocolate chips/chopped chocolate or any mix-ins, and fold until the flour is completely hydrated and the mix-ins are dispersed evenly.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes, ideally overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop the dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving a few inches between each cookie (I can usually fit 5-6 cookies on a standard 18″x13″ baking sheet). Optionally, before baking, place a large square or piece of chocolate in the middle of each cookie.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.