1 large onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 (28oz) can whole peeled tomatoes, crushed by hand
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
Kosher salt, to taste
32 oz vegetable stock
2 (14 oz) cans cannellini beans
2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar of Modena
100 grams of spinach or kale
Chopped parsley, for serving
Croutons, for serving
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Add the onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, ground cumin, paprika, and a generous pinch of kosher salt. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Once the onions have softened, add the crushed tomatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, cannellini beans, sun dried tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar, stir, bring the soup to a rapid boil, and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, stir in the spinach or kale.
- Serve with croutons and parsley.